FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
December 7, 2016
Contact: Adam Day (619) 994-4855
WHO: Sycuan Tribal Chairman Cody Martinez and the Sycuan Tribal Council; Sycuan cultural committee members; other Kumeyaay tribal leaders; traditional Kumeyaay Bird Singers and Dancers
WHAT: Grand opening of the new Sycuan Cultural Resource Center and Museum
WHEN: December 9, 2016, 12:00 p.m.
WHERE: Sycuan Cultural Resource Center and Museum
910 Willow Glen Drive, El Cajon, CA 92019
VISUALS: Set within the prehistoric Kumeyaay village of Matamo, the grand opening of the Sycuan Cultural Resource Center and Museum will feature the unveiling of a dramatic Kumeyaay timeline and pictogram spanning more than 12,000 years; locally recovered archaeological and cultural artifacts; displays of the beautiful vintage Wallberg Collection of Kumeyaay baskets; a vast array of educational and research material focused on cultural and archaeological studies; and a specialty gift shop celebrating Kumeyaay and other Native American artists, authors and craftsmanship.
1 Kwaaypaay Court * El Cajon, CA 92019
- Statement from the Sycuan Tribal Council – Black Lives Matter
- Sycuan’s 29th Annual Charity Golf Tournament
- Sycuan Square is Now Open to the Public
- SYCUAN’S $260M HOTEL AND RESORT EXPANSION OPENS TO THE PUBLIC
- Sycuan Tribal Members Elect new Tribal Council Chairman, Council to take office January, 2019